The Godfrey Account Manager is an experienced, highly motivated, enthusiastic and energetic team player with the ability to stimulate enthusiasm in others. This position requires an organized and detail-oriented individual that also possesses highly developed communication, presentation, project and program management skills.
Account Managers are responsible for managing business-to-business communications programs as well as individual projects. A requisite skill is the effective and appropriate delegation of tasks and task-specific management of others for the overall success of projects and programs. Account Managers are the key day-to-day interface between the agency and our clients.
All Godfrey employees are accountable for and expected to integrate Godfrey Core Values - Fascination, Drive, Partnership and Transparency - into overall position responsibilities.
Client Relationships and Financial Success:
- Responsible for researching, planning, proposing and managing programs, under the supervision of the Account Group Manager or other supervisor.
- Expected to maintain sustainable, annual revenue of $500,000 to $1,000,000 (and/or gross income of $300,000 to $600,000).
- Build strong working relationships with clients and work effectively with internal teams.
- Work with, present and "sell" to a wide range of people at client companies.
- Manage programs and projects, estimating, monitoring internal and external costs, budget control, margin enhancement and billing.
- Maintain the profitable short- and long-term growth of existing accounts; be willing to contribute to the acquisition of new accounts.
Strategy and Planning:
- Develop the aptitude for developing or contributing to marketing communications strategy connected to business and/or marketing goals and strategies as expressed by clients.
- Become skilled and successful at developing, presenting, implementing and managing tactical plans for increasingly large and/or complex client programs.
- Maintain a billable ratio of 70-80% with a 60% billed ratio by focusing on billable account management and project management tasks.
- Work with Associate Account Managers, depending on the needs of the clients, but generally not expected to have supervisory responsibility.
- Embrace marketing communications technologies as they emerge and become appropriate for client programs.
- Practice B2B marketing and communications principles in general and Godfrey’s practices in particular.
- Participate in agency initiatives such as the Venture Teams.
Education, Experience and Capabilities:
- BA/BS required. Concentrations should include one or more of the foll owing: communications, marketing, advertising, liberal arts. Foreign language study and proficiency a plus.
- 5+ year(s) of experience in marketing communications with at least 3 of those years working on integrated programs.
- Understanding of, and devotion to, the principles of integrated marketing and marketing communications.
- Experienced or enthusiastic about digital marketing technologies.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Can be trained for:
- Godfrey’s Accounting & Scheduling Software (currently Advantage)
- Godfrey archiving methods