The Godfrey Public Relations Coordinator is an organized, task-oriented person with a disciplined work ethic who has the desire and ability to administer a wide range of projects we execute for business-to-business PR clients. Demonstrated project-management skills and attention to detail are essential; evidence of service orientation and basic knowledge of Public Relations preferred.
The PR Coordinator assists our account management staff with strong administrative and work-flow procedures, organizational and project management skills and follow-through on the details of assigned projects and areas of responsibility.
The successful PR Coordinator is:
- Highly motivated and detail-oriented team player, with the ability to help determine tasks and resources; and then manage projects to completion on time and on budget.
- Has the ability to prioritize tasks and is willing to report to multiple account managers, depending on client workload.
- Proactive and willing to help with a variety of projects. Day-to-day tasks change frequently so the ideal candidate must be flexible.
- Able to provide valuable account management support, sometimes including client and editorial contact within the context of specific projects, to communicate or gain information critical to meeting time and budget expectations.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting project progress to internal account-management staff.
- Expected to maintain a billable-hours ratio of 85 to 95%.
- On a track to become a PR Associate Account Manager with broader account, client and media responsibilities.
The PR Coordinator directly supports the work of other Godfrey account-management professionals. He or she is responsible for the administrative aspects of a program (i.e., earned media, research, results documentation and reporting).
The PR Coordinator is responsible for helping to ensure the quality of our PR projects. Basic copy writing, editing and proofreading are required, along with the ability to effectively delegate some copy writing, some overflow clerical/production needs, plus creative and art direction, photo or image direction, etc. Success will be determined by a combination of factors including the demonstrated ability to:
- Win the confidence of account management staff.
- Execute projects effectively, quickly, thoroughly and accurately.
- Achieve results within assigned timelines and budgets.
- Handle multiple assignments, “switch gears” smoothly, and meet deadlines consistently.
All Godfrey employees are accountable for and expected to integrate Godfrey Core Values (Fascination, Drive, Partnership and Transparency) into overall position responsibilities.
- Support account management staff by tracking editorial calendars and identifying potential PR opportunities for our clients.
- Create, manage and maintain editorial contact database, keep editorial data and contacts up to date, and manage the distribution of news releases using current electronic news distribution technology and applications.
- Supervise and coordinate support services (copy, production, art, photography, etc.) to ensure client deadlines are met within budget.
- Document and report program activity and results to account management staff, then clients, regularly.
- Support clients attending tradeshows by preparing necessary marketing materials and performing editorial outreach.
- Assist with PR writing assignments, as needed and as workload allows.
- Carry out responsibilities in a professional, collaborative manner without intensive supervision.
- Keep supervisor and account team members informed of all significant accomplishments, opportunities, problems, and issues.
- Become an indispensable member of the PR account service team; knowledgeable of Godfrey processes as well as client industries and relevant media.
- Contribute daily as a working member of a professional public relations service team.
Education, Experience and Capabilities:
- BA/BS required. Concentrations should include one or more of the following: Communications, marketing, advertising, public relations, journalism, or liberal arts.
- One to two years of professional experience, preferably in a public relations position (client or agency side), or related media or analyst position. Experience in technical fields or advanced-technology business may be a plus.
- Clearly demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and work well in a team setting.
- Basic understanding of business-to-business marketing communications (vs. business-to consumer) and how PR is integrated into overall marketing communications programs.
- Basic knowledge of social media platforms a plus.