The Art Director is responsible for helping train the Senior Designer(s) in addition to directing the visual personality and presentation of all client communication tools including but not limited to: managing brand and design standards, ensuring consistency, and best practices. You’ll partner with various members of the team on all mediums, including but not limited to digital (web, social, mobile, app), broadcast (graphics, storyboards, video), print (posters, out of home, point of sale, event/experience) to push ideas, creative and the work.
- Help bring incredible projects to life that are smart, impactful and brand-centered spanning every known medium (and some you create) including digital, broadcast, print, outdoor, experiential, mobile, modern/responsive websites, rich media banners, videos, email and collateral
- Transform complex concepts into solutions that communicate with real people
- Formulate concepts and overall design of visual presentations in conjunction with the client, designer, writer, illustrator, photographer and other members of the creative team
- Ultimately responsible for the visual personality of the communication tools by making quality decisions on typeface, color, image content and style, eye flow and pace
- Discuss content, style, audience, techniques and budgetary considerations with the Creative Director and/or Traffic Manager for each project
- Post project kickoff, manage and oversee the creative process through completion
- Oversee the development of design standards and templates and make certain these standards are upheld
- Effectively present and communicate project ideas, budget and timelines to creative
- Lead critiques, ideation and brainstorming sessions
- Provide direction to designers and illustrators on what materials they need to do their job and where to locate this information (i.e. logos, files, images, etc.)
- Review samples and either approve or suggest changes to be implemented by designers.
- Serve as a role model and mentor for agency designers (or creative team?)
- Deliver on-time, high-quality and error-free work that gets results
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative culture
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education, Experience and Capabilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication Design or related field preferred
- Minimum 3 years of agency experience
- Strong digital experience and skills required
- Highly creative solutions finders.
- Leadership, management and proven ability to direct and inspire creative teams
- Excellent communication skills and ability to illustrate concepts/ideas
- Adobe Creative Suite software (5.5 or above) InDesign, Photoshop Illustrator; Adobe Digital Publications; HTML(5), CSS(3); and Microsoft Office PowerPoint and Word experience required