Junior Front-End Developers are responsible for the code and functional execution of the work by bridging the gap between design and development. A Junior Front-End developer understands user needs and has a strong foundation in UI/UX, coding and designing for the web. Collaborating with the development and creative teams, a Junior Front-End Developer creates the functionality of all digital client communication tools. A Junior Front-End Developer will create work that is informed by data and is smart, impactful and brand-centered.
All Godfrey employees are accountable for and expected to integrate Godfrey Core Values (Fascination, Drive, Partnership and Transparency) into overall position responsibilities.
- Ensure a cohesive user experience in accordance to Godfrey’s approach to UI design
- Produce a range of digital marketing materials including: responsive websites, landing pages, email campaigns, UI library components, wireframes, prototypes, templates, etc.
- Collaborate with the developers and creative team to push ideas and the work
- Integrate, code, technology, art and copy, and ensure brand standards are upheld
- Integrate the design of web projects and mobile applications into back-end programming
- Analyze design requirements and recommend technical solutions
- Understand requirements based on both technical and UI/UX needs; usability best practices; brand and style guides
- Maintain consistently high standards for him/herself
- Present and communicate project ideas to the creative team
- Deliver on-time, high-quality and error free work that gets results
- Ensure that optimization standards are upheld at the proper stages of production
Education, Experience and Capabilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science with front-end design or front-end development classes preferred
- Capable of working in multiple CMS platforms
- Ability to architect, write and implement the functional code base for websites projects
- Understanding of cross browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Understanding of source control, server environments and CSS frameworks
- Understanding of client-side render and response, such as HTTP methods, API consumption, the browser loading/rendering pipeline
- Understanding of design fundamentals and systems, responsive design, grid systems, front-end frameworks and accessibility best practices
- Ability to help with debugging, testing, and performance optimization of the code base
- Skilled in strategic problem-solving; communication, time-management and follow-through
- In touch with current development and front-end design trends