The Godfrey Media Director is responsible for leading the development of paid media plans that drive results for a diverse range of industrial manufacturer clients. This role oversees the media strategy, planning, implementation and optimization across a range of media channels, including trade media, programmatic, paid search and social. This position requires an organized and detail-oriented individual who also possesses highly developed communication, strategic planning and presentation skills. The Media Director should demonstrate a solid grasp of B2B marketing and communications and a thorough understanding of paid media planning and buying within the B2B environment.
All Godfrey employees are accountable for and expected to integrate Godfrey’s Core Values - Drive, Fascination, Partnership, Transparency - into overall position responsibilities.
- Provide strategic direction and oversee the development of lead-generation and brand-building media plans using print and online trade media, programmatic, search/social advertising and other emerging media.
- Establish a solid understanding of clients’ businesses, products and competitors.
- Ensure paid media plans align with overall client goals and objectives and deliver solid ROI.
- Oversee the full spectrum of paid media programs, including strategy, planning, buying, optimization and reporting.
- Manage the team that is responsible for media planning, buying and ad traffic management.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on a wide range of paid media channels and provide ongoing recommendations to optimize clients’ paid programs.
- Work closely with other relevant channel experts within the agency (social media, search, email, public relations) to ensure overall alignment of clients’ marketing plans.
- Create and maintain media plan flowcharts and budgets and ensure that all client deliverables are error-free.
- Collaborate with the account, creative and strategy leads on accounts to ensure media plans are aligned with the overall goals.
- Work closely with media planner in the development and execution of all paid media efforts to ensure they are on strategy, on budget and on schedule.
- Identify, understand and adopt new media channels and emerging technologies as relevant to clients' paid media programs.
- Establish and maintain strong communications with clients, media, external vendors and internal agency teams.
- Manage paid search, social, display and video campaigns, including Google, Bing, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube advertising platforms.
- Configure and maintain ad serving systems such as DoubleClick for optimal performance, tracking and reporting while utilizing industry best practices.est practices.
- Explore new publisher programs, digital ad networks and opportunities for account-based advertising to increase B2B audience reach.
- Develop new media relationships and negotiate rates for a client’s entry into new markets as needed.
Education, Experience and Capabilities:
- 5-10 years of experience in strategic media planning in a B2B environment.
- Expertise across a spectrum of traditional and digital media.
- Demonstrated success in creating and managing trade and digital media campaigns that achieved business goals for brand awareness, lead generation and nurturing.
- A strong understanding of research and analytics as well as key B2B marketing tactics, including ABM, lead generation, marketing automation, content marketing and remarketing.
- Hands-on experience with setting up tracking pixels, developing custom audience lists and adhering to privacy regulations and compliance, such as Privacy Shield and GDPR.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, ability to prepare clear and concise client-ready documents and communicate at all levels of management.
- Proficient in managing numbers (attention to detail when calculating and communicating budget information, rate information, commissions, etc.).
- Works well in a fast-paced environment, often under tight deadlines.
- Leadership experience and ability to work cross-functionally with others to provide training to help the agency continue to learn and grow.
- Negotiation skills (in order to secure the most favorable rates, schedules, deadlines, etc. on behalf of clients with paid media channels).
- Deep knowledge of digital advertising platforms, such as Google Ads, Bing Ads, Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Ads, YouTube Ads and Google DoubleClick Campaign Manager.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).