The Traffic Manager is a self-motivated, enthusiastic team player with the ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment. This position requires an organized and detail-oriented individual with excellent time management skills.
Traffic Managers are responsible to track, traffic and maintain accurate records for all projects on assigned accounts. This position works closely with the account, creative and insight teams to provide the current status of where in the process of workflow a project stands, who is working on the project and what the next steps are. The Traffic Manager is responsible for keeping detailed project status reports for all assigned accounts. This position works with teams to set a schedule with deadlines and works to ensure that fast turn and large scale multi-faceted projects are considered and coordinated into schedules. They will also work closely with the account and creative team to provide accurate estimates, working to make sure that no tasks are overlooked. The Traffic Manager will work with the Senior Project Manager to create and implement processes and use tools that make the tracking of a project's status more efficient and accessible.
Traffic managers are an integral part of their assigned accounts as their knowledge of projects, schedules and expected deliverables contributes to the teams, as well as Godfrey’s, overall view of the agency workload.
All Godfrey employees are accountable for and expected to integrate Godfrey Core Values - Fascination, Drive, Partnership and Transparency - into overall position responsibilities.
- Work in close collaboration with the creative director to assure all work for assigned group of accounts is running smoothly and efficiently
- Create timelines and tasks for all projects on assigned accounts
- Review the timeline with the creative director and account management as needed to get client approval
- Set up estimates for the team to complete and review to ensure that no tasks have been missed
- Check and track status on projects within assigned accounts and communicate any issues with the team as necessary to ensure all projects are on schedule
- Professionally communicate production schedules and deadlines to teams within assigned accounts
- Frequently follow up and communicate in person with team members
- Ensure workflow progresses efficiently on projects within assigned accounts
- Conduct a daily morning meeting to review tasks due that day and help prioritize in times of high workload
- Conduct weekly job status meetings for assigned accounts
- Assist in re-prioritizing project schedules as new projects are added or priorities shift on projects within assigned accounts
- Help create and evolve agency processes in tracking and trafficking projects.
- Assist the Account Service Orbit with updating tasks within scheduling system
- Review work to ensure that changes requested by team members have been made
- Work closely with the senior project manager to assure that the full workload of the agency is visible
- Work closely with the creative resource manager to ensure the creative team has the resources needed to complete projects and quick turn work
- Meet weekly with the senior project manager and traffic managers to report on workload and availability
- Ensure work is delivered on-time, high-quality and error-free
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative culture
Education, Experience and Capabilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3 years of agency project or traffic management experience required.
- Strong computer skills, with specific knowledge of a widely utilized word processing application.
- Experience with project management software (Advantage software preferred.)
- Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of digital, video and print production processes and operations.